Based in Vredehoek, Cape Town
Our practice is located on the slopes of Table Mountain and is named after the infamous South Easter, also known as “The Cape Doctor”, or “Die Kaapse Dokter,” thanks to a local belief that it sweeps our city clean.
Family Mental Health & Wellness Practice
About The Cape Doctors
We are a Family orientated Mental Health & Wellness Practice with two clinical psychologists and one child & adolescent psychiatrist.
About the Practice
Dr Fiona Schulte is a child & adolescent psychiatrist and psychotherapist passionate about working with children, teenagers, young adults, adults and families in an integrative way. Dr Bruce Bradfield is a Clinical Psychologist with a special interest in Trauma and Family work. Amy Glover is a Clinical Psychologist in private practice. She is passionate about preventative mental health and works with individuals and couples, primarily seeing adolescents and young adults. Her areas of interest include (but are not limited to) relationship difficulties, negotiation of major life transitions, bereavement and loss, depression, anxiety, stress, trauma, substance use, identity and self-improvement.
The Cape Doctor Practitioners
Amy Glover is a Clinical Psychologist in private practice. She is passionate about preventative mental health and works with individuals and couples, primarily seeing adolescents and young adults.Meet The Team
Meet The Team
We are a Mental Health & Wellness Practice based in Vredehoek, Cape Town established in 2016. Get in touch today to find out how we can help you.
We provide the following services:
- Managing day to day life stressors, adjustment difficulties, traumatic experiences
- Parental Guidance around difficult to manage behaviour in children & teenagers
- School Readiness, Developmental & Neurodevelopmental Assessments (ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Difficulties)
- Treatment and management of a wide variety of mental health disorders (e.g. Anxiety Disorders, Depressive Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive and related Disorders, Trauma and Stressor related Disorders)
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry related assessments & management
- Initiating & Monitoring of psychotropic medication use
THE CAPE DOCTOR First floor, 27 Derry Street, Vredehoek, Cape Town, 8001 (Above Bella Italia)
7:30 – 16:00 Monday to Friday (Reception)
Consultations before or after the reception opening hours might be possible and need to be discussed with the individual clinician.
Kindly note we don’t provide an after hour/weekend/public holiday emergency cover. In case of an emergency you need to access the emergency services at your nearest hospital or contact your GP.
Practice Reception: 021 461 0018
Amy Glover: email@example.com
Dr. Schulte: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bradfield: email@example.com
Lindsay Kim Smith (Reception): firstname.lastname@example.org