Based in Vredehoek, Cape Town
Our practice is located on the slopes of Table Mountain and is named after the infamous South Easter, also known as “The Cape Doctor, or “Die Kaapse Dokter,” thanks to a local belief that it sweeps our city clean.
Family Medical Practice
About The Cape Doctor
We are a Family Medical Practice with special interests in Child & adolescent psychiatry and mental health, Integrative Medicine and Clinical Psychology. Our practice is located on the slopes of Table Mountain and is named after the infamous South Easter, otherwise known as “The Cape Doctor, or “Die Kaapse Dokter,” thanks to a local belief that it sweeps our city clean.
About the Practise
Dr Fiona Schulte is a child & adolescent psychiatrist and psychotherapist passionate about working with infants, children, teenagers, young adults, adults and families in an integrative way.
Dr Leah Murray is a GP practicing Integrative and Functional Medicine.
Dr Bruce Bradfield is a Clinical Psychologist with a special interest in Trauma and Family work.
Meet The Team
We are a progressive Medical practice based in Vredehoek Cape Town established in 2016. Get in touch today to find out how we can help you.
After completing her MBChB, and a rural community service in the Northern Cape, she spent a year abroad, mostly in India, where she deepened her understanding and intrigue in Eastern philosophies, Yoga and the body-mind-spirit connection.
Her other passion is Emergency Medicine in which she spent 6 years working in state and private hospitals in South Africa, as well as the UK.
During this time she completed various post-graduate courses in Integrative Medicine, one through Stellenbosch University and another by Dr Bernard Brom.
She believes in finding long term solutions to health.
I cover the following areas:
Mother, Baby and Toddler wellness including fertility and perinatal support, parent coaching, assessment and support of learning difficulties and ADHD
developmental and school readiness assessments, managing day to day life stressors, adjustment difficulties, neurodevelopmental disorders to severe mental illness and monitoring of psychotropic medication use.
What he offers:
- Individual adult psychotherapy
- Individual adolescent psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Medico-legal care and contact assessments
Our Service Offering Includes
- Management of acute and chronic illnesses for all ages
- Integrative and Functional medicine
- General medical check up’s, including ECG’s
- Baby and child wellness including developmental assessments
- Women’s health, including Papsmears
- Medicals for visa and insurance purposes
- Infrared laser therapy
- Iontophoresis for Hyperhydrosis
- Nutrition and lifestyle guidance
- IV nutritional support
- Sexual health
- HIV clinic
- Palliative, end of life care
- Basic surgical procedures, blood tests, ear syringing
- Acute and chronic wound management
- Mother, Baby and Toddler wellness including fertility and perinatal support
- Parent coaching
- Assessment and support of learning difficulties and ADHD
- Developmental and school readiness assessments
- Managing day to day life stressors, adjustment difficulties
- Neurodevelopmental disorders to severe mental illness
- Monitoring of psychotropic medication use
What is Integrative Medicine
“Integrative medicine and health reaffirms the importance of the relationship between practitioner and patient, focuses on the whole person, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapeutic and lifestyle approaches, healthcare and disciplines to achieve optimal health and healing.” – Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine
Please visit www.drleahmurray.co.za for more information on Integrative Medicine.
THE CAPE DOCTOR
First floor, 27 Derry Street, Vredehoek, Cape Town, 8001
(Above Bella Italia)
7:30 – 16:00 Monday to Friday (Reception)
9:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (Consultations)
Practice Reception: 021 461 0018
Fax: 021 461 3015
Dr. Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Schulte: email@example.com
Dr. Bradfield: firstname.lastname@example.org